BUFFALO, N.Y. — The College at Buffalo has recognized 12 groups as semifinalists within the twenty first annual Henry A. Panasci Jr. Expertise Entrepreneurship Competitors (Panasci TEC), taking them one step nearer to the $52,000 in startup funding and enterprise providers that may go to the group that presents one of the best plan for a viable new enterprise in Western New York.
After watching 30 first-round pitches, preliminary judges pared down the groups to these under, which symbolize a variety of enterprise plans:
5 pitches targeted on the well being care improvements:
- A breast pump that creates a customized expertise for nursing moms, whereas offering consolation, effectivity, affordability and portability
- A leak-sensing movie that works with an app to observe sufferers who’ve had intestinal repairs
- A cloud-based synthetic intelligence platform that learns from a variety of well being care information to optimize working room scheduling and gives a market for well being care services to promote ensuing vacancies to insurance coverage firms
- An internet-based platform that helps individuals make knowledgeable choices about selecting a therapist and discovering psychological well being providers
- A bathe chair accent that promotes independence whereas bathing, aiding in damage prevention throughout the getting older neighborhood
One other 4 entries have been for smartphone apps that deal with a wide range of wants:
- An funding app that leverages the data of a social media neighborhood and affords retail buyers entry to alternatives usually solely out there to institutional merchants
- A monetary literacy app that personalizes monetary schooling for customers primarily based on their cash character sort
- An internet social studying platform constructed into the faculty curriculum that promotes range, fairness and inclusion, whereas getting ready college students for the skilled work setting
- An app that integrates digital actuality know-how in distant casting auditions
Rounding out the semifinalists have been the next proposals:
- A transportable, modular artwork gallery house that provides artists of various mediums the chance to show and promote their work
- A service that upgrades present merchandising machines with good fee choices, location-based options and a touchless interface
- Customized 3D printers with a proprietary academic platform that permits small- to medium-sized firms to benefit from additive manufacturing advantages
Every semifinalist group has been matched with a coach from the enterprise neighborhood to arrange for the subsequent spherical, when they’ll submit written supplies together with a video pitch.
Judges will consider these supplies and choose 5 finalists by March 29. These 5 groups will every ship a 10-minute, public presentation on the competitors’s ultimate spherical, which will likely be held just about on Zoom on April 9.
Groups will likely be evaluated on how nicely they describe the feasibility and marketability of their enterprise, show the necessity for his or her services or products and current potential sources of capital. Winners will likely be introduced following a short interval of deliberation by the judges after the final presentation, throughout which company can community with one another in digital breakout rooms.
Along with $25,000 in seed funding, the profitable group will obtain in-kind awards valued at $27,000 for authorized providers from Colligan Legislation LLP, accounting providers from Lumsden & McCormick LLP, human useful resource providers from the Folks Plan from HR Foundations Inc., enterprise improvement providers from Western New York Incubator Community and the UB Workplace of Enterprise and Entrepreneur Partnerships, and workplace house from North Forest Workplace Area.
Panasci TEC was created by the UB Faculty of Administration and the UB Workplace of Enterprise and Entrepreneur Partnerships, and is funded with a $1 million endowment from the late Henry A. Panasci Jr. to facilitate and promote the commercialization of UB-generated applied sciences.
Hosted by the UB Faculty of Administration’s Middle for Entrepreneurial Management (CEL) and UB’s Blackstone LaunchPad & Techstars, the occasion brings collectively UB college students from science, know-how, enterprise and different disciplines to maximise their potential and create viable companies in Western New York.
Anybody fascinated with attending the shows on April 9 ought to register with the Blackstone LaunchPad at 716-645-8111 or email@example.com.
The UB Faculty of Administration is acknowledged for its emphasis on real-world studying, neighborhood and financial impression, and the worldwide perspective of its college, college students and alumni. The varsity additionally has been ranked by Bloomberg Businessweek, Forbes and U.S. Information & World Report for the standard of its packages and the return on funding it gives its graduates. For extra details about the UB Faculty of Administration, go to mgt.buffalo.edu.